Scoping workshop for nation-wide study on resource efficiency and climate change
Scoping workshop for nation-wide study on resource efficiency and climate change by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
A study of the benefits to GHG emissions arising from improvements to material resource-use efficiency, in the Indian context, is extremely important.
- ambition to make India a $5 trillion economy by 2025
- pathway for India to inform the update of its Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC)
- broader context for India’s new resource efficiency policy (draft)
A six-month scoping study is proposed to refine and identify the components of the nationwide study.
Outline the contours of the scoping study and inform the larger nation-wide study by:
- gathering feedback from the participants
- tapping into expertise of the panel discussants.
CII has recently concluded a study on resource efficiency in the paper and steel sector in India and developed the first-of-its-kind national level material flow for both the sectors. The potential for industrial symbiosis was examined and policy recommendations made. This would be presented as a paper on 24th October at WRF, 2019 in SS8 (Material Flows and Management).