WS 3: Risk&Race – The game of Entrepreneurship in a Circular Economy
Workshop Organiser: VITO (Flemish Institute for Technological Research)
Workshop Chair: Saskia Manshoven, VITO
Date and time: Tuesday 24, 11h00 – 13h00
Come and engage in the serious game ‘Risk & RACE’, a boardgame introducing you to entrepeneurship in a Circular Economy!
The Risk & RACE game is an engaging and hands-on way to learn about the opportunities and challenges of the circular economy. It is a table top board game, designed to induce an entrepreneurial mind-set and introduce players to entrepreneurial decision making and circular economy business models. And of course, it is also fun and challenging, just as a game should be!
Throughout the gameplay, players will gain insight into:
· The difference between linear and circular business models.
· Circular economy strategies, such as circular product design, recycling and remanufacturing.
· Circular business models, such as pay-per-use, take-back systems and life time extension.
· The effects of investments on their business performance and resilience against external events.
· Corporate social responsibility and sustainability.
After playing Risk & Race, you will have a better understanding of how circular economy strategies and business models can contribute to a company’s resilience and success. The next step is to apply and translate these concepts to your own products, company or context.
Risk & Race was developed in collaboration with Wuppertal Institute, VTT, TUDelft and In the loop Games, with the support of EIT Raw Materials.