Job Opportunity Sustainable Recycling Industries Program
Job Opportunity Sustainable Recycling Industries (SRI)
We are looking for an intern or junior professional to join the team of the World Resources Forum (WRF) in St. Gallen, Switzerland, from May 2018 onwards for a period of 3-6 months.
Main Duties and Tasks
- Support our research project on e-waste recycling in Africa
- Draft a short publication/article on a SRI topic to be defined (all background materials will be provided)
- Assist with updating of the SRI website, newsletter (distribution list is MailChimp based) and social media
- Draft announcements and reports on SRI activities for website, flyers and other communication materials
- Any other related task in support of our SRI and WRF activities
- Pursuing a relevant study (Master) or have university degree in the fields of engineering, technology, economics, environment, communication or international affairs
- Fluent in English (written and oral); German or Spanish is a plus
- Excellent computer, social media,and communication skills
- Availability to work (at least part-time) in the premises of WRF in St. Gallen, Switzerland
- Duration and dedication: 3-6 months (4 days a week) from May 2018 onwards
- WRF will not cover travel costs from your home country to Switzerland.
Immigration procedures for candidates outside of Switzerland/EU can be complex, hence due to short notice candidates already living in Switzerland have a plus.
- Excellent team and working atmosphere in an informal setting with a young multicultural team, enabling and empowering a process of on-the-job learning and growing
- Participation with high level of independence and self-management in world class projects, implemented in dynamic multistakeholder global setting.
Only applications with specific letters of motivation and CV’s with relevant expertise will be reviewed. A typical letter of motivation includes what the candidate knows about WRF’s activities and specifically SRI and the issues SRI is working on, why this is relevant for the candidate, what specific skills and expertise he or she could bring, what topics(s) the candidate is interested in, and in general what the candidate wants to get out of the internship
Interested candidates are kindly asked to send their application, including motivation letter, CV with references, and indication of earliest start date and preferred duration of the assignment to email@example.com.
For more information about the SRI Program click here.
For questions, kindly contact WRF Project Manager Sonia Valdivia, or write to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call +41 (0) 71 554 09 00
We look forward to receiving your application.
Watch here our famous video Tales of Trash on Youtube: