Have you always wanted to practice your skills in a global setting? Combine your scientific talents with some practical hands-on work? Have fun and at the same time work for a better world for us all?
An internship with the World Resources Forum Secretariat in St. Gallen, Switzerland, might be giving you just that. A small team of several nationalities works to organise the famous WRF conferences and other events in all regions of the world.
Main Duties & Tasks:
- Conduct research on various topics
- Strengthen our contacts to business and governmental bodies
- Contribute to fundraising
- Assist with organising of workshops, meetings
- Draft concept papers and contribute to strategic planning
- Assist with updating our website and social media
- Pursuing a relevant study (Bachelor or Master) in the fields of engineering, technology, economics, environment, energy, communication or international affairs. The internship needs to be endorsed by your mentor and would ideally be part of your study
- Fluent in English (written and oral); German is a plus
- Excellent computer and communication skills
- Willingness to work in or near St. Gallen/Switzerland
- Minimum stay: 3 months
- Part time (40% min.) or full time internships possible
- WRF will not cover travel costs from your home country to Switzerland. Immigration procedures for candidates outside of Switzerland/EU can be complex
- Only applications with specific letters of motivation and CV’s with relevant expertise will be reviewed. A typical letter of motivation includes what the candidate knows about the WRF and the issues WRF is working on, why this is relevant for the candidate, how working with WRF would fit in his or her study, what specific skills and expertise he or she could bring, what topics(s) the candidate is interested in, and in general what the candidate wants to get out of the internship
Interested candidates are kindly asked to send their electronic application, including motivation letter, CV with references, and indication of earliest start date to email@example.com
You can also send it by post:
World Resources Forum Secretariat
9014 St. Gallen, Switzerland
For questions, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +41 (0) 71 554 09 00
We look forward to receiving your application.