Helmut Rechberger is a full professor for Resource Management at Vienna University of Technology since 2003. He received his professional education in Vienna, at ETH Zurich, and at Yale University.
His research interests are:
- Material Flow Analysis and resource accounting
- Methodology development for urban mining and resource classification
- Further development of evaluation methods and concepts in waste and resource management including statistical entropy
- Waste characterization
- Handling of data uncertainty
- Recovery of valuable substances from ashes and slag
Under his lead the softwares STAN (world-wide used for MFA studies) and BIOMA (efficient greenhouse gas accounting from waste incineration) have been developed.