Dr Castrillo holds a Masters and Ph.D. in Materials Science and Engineering, from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, a Diploma in Industrial Engineering and a Diploma in Food Engineering from Universidad del Valle-Bolivia. Dr. Castrillo has more than ten years of experience in the coordination and development of R&D International projects, in the fields of revalorization of urban and agricultural residues, high-performance materials, sustainable recycling and reuse of electric and electronic equipment and biofuels production. Some examples are the International projects:
- FUEL FROM WASTE: Liquid and gas Fischer-Tropsch fuel production from olive industry waste: fuel from waste: www.fuelfromwaste.eu Technical Coordinator.
- CLOSEWEEE: Integrated solutions for pre-processing electronic equipment, closing the loop of post-consumer high-grade plastics, and advanced recovery of critical raw materials antimony and graphite: www.closeweee.eu Technical Coordinator.
- SUSTAINABLE RECYCLING INDUSTRIES: Building Capacities for sustainable recycling in developing countries: www.sustainable-recycling.org
- GRAIL: Glycerol Biorefinery Approach for the Production of High Quality Products of Industrial Value. www.grail-project.eu
- INNOBITE: Transforming urban and agricultural residues into high performance biomaterials for green construction. www.innobite.eu
- NOSHAN: Sustainable Production of Functional and Safe Feed from Food Waste. www.noshan.eu
Dr. Castrillo has developed different studies in research centers of renowned prestige in Europe and in the Unites States and she has contributed to scientific publications focused on the development of new, high performance materials. Currently working as Commercial Manager in Vertech Group. Vertech-Group is a environmental engineering from France with vast experience in International Collaboration and specialized in sustainability and risk assessments of innovative technologies and products and high-tech sustainable training: www.vertech-group.com
Dr. Castrillo is currently leading the creation of the Bolivian Life Cycle Network with the support of national and international organizations, interested in promoting life cycle thinking and sustainable practices in Bolivia, at level of government programs, national organizations and at consumers´ level.