Host an Event
How to Host or Sponsor a WRF Event
A) Host the main event: The World Resources Forum (WRF) Conference
We are accepting bids from all over the world to host our main annual event. We normally organise the event every second year in Switzerland, and in other countries in the years in between.
Characteristics of the Conference:
- two or three days (arriving Sunday or Monday evening, welcome cocktail, on-site lunches, conference dinner on Tuesday evening, conference close Wednesday afternoon);
- around 500-1,000 participants (researchers, policymakers, politicians, business leaders and NGO representatives);
- around 10 parallel breakout sessions;
- modest exhibition (about 80 m2, 10-20 exhibitors, most of them: companies, publishers, research institutes);
- timing: September – November
Requirements for hosting bids:
For a successful bid, your initiative must be supported by a (national) government (e.g. the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Technology, Innovation, Environment, Trade etc.) and/or a university (technical, economic or social sciences). A combination of the two, i.e. a government and a university, is ideal.
Your bid needs to identify a reasonable estimate of costs, including an overview of potential sponsors, and a project plan with a timeline. A few sponsors confirming ‘in principle’ interest, in writing, helps. WRF Secretariat costs (in particular travel and accommodation, including for preparatory meetings) shall be included in your budget.
Your bid should include a proposal for fees for international participants (in Switzerland fees are around USD 700-1,000 for three days, including lunches and conference dinner) and national participants (discounts for specific categories, such as students, participants from developing countries). As the fees depend on local costs, they can differ significantly.
The venue needs to have all the normal characteristics for international events (less than one hour from an international airport, hotels from 5 stars to budget nearby, public transport facilities). Sustainable/green meeting and catering options (organic, vegetarian, local menus; recycling facilities; energy efficient lighting etc) highly appreciated.
The Secretariat is available for informal substantive talks with potential hosts, and can also supply letters of recommendation or support. After being shortlisted the venue may be inspected by a team of three representatives of our Secretariat and Board. If selected, a Memorandum of Understanding will be drafted and signed with a division of tasks. Normally the WRF Secretariat has the overall lead, it initiates draft programme discussions and contacts international speakers. The local host is responsible for logistics, eventual field trips and social programme, local and national sponsors and the national scientific program.
For all events (except in a very few countries) the WRF can count upon the support of the United Nations (UN Environment and UNIDO), and we are pleased to have a huge network of world class scientists, leading companies and influential politicians and policy makers, as well as NGO’s, in all parts of the world. This means that as soon as you have found serious interest on your side, we will be pleased to follow up and make it happen with you, in partnership.
B) Host another WRF event
You may also submit proposals for shorter and more focused events that concentrate on:
- a specific geographical region (a city, a region, a country, a continent) instead of the world
- a specific topic (metals, food, copper, water) instead of all resources
- a specific phase of the life cycle (extraction, design, transport, manufacturing, consumption, recycling)
- a specific target group (youth, women, industry – overall or specific sectors –, city councils, NGO’s, social scientists) instead of all stakeholders.
These can be formal events or informal brainstorming or working sessions, summer schools, training programs, field visits.
This field of activity will be developed closely together with the proposing party, and supported by existing institutes with experience in these areas.
C) Sponsor a WRF event
By sponsoring the WRF event you will:
- position your organisation as a thought-leader in the field of global resource use
- get the opportunity to meet and reach a great number of leading decision-makers working on sustainability and resources issues
- greatly enhance your presence in Europe, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean and other continents through the WRF network
Sponsorship Packages: (find more information here)
- Platinum Sponsor
- Gold Sponsor
- Silver Sponsor
- UN Lounge Host Sponsor
- WRF Cinema Sponsor
- Drawing Contest Sponsor
- Welcome or Farewell Aperitif Sponsor
- F&B Sponsor
- Gala Dinner Sponsor
- Gala Dinner Table Sponsor
- Exhibition Space
Contact us directly at email@example.com
The WRF offers three types of sponsorship packages:
Maximum number: 1 Exclusivity: full Your benefits:
Maximum number: 4 Exclusivity: industry Your benefits:
Maximum number: 4 Exclusivity: – Your benefits:
As exhibitor of the World Resources Forum (WRF) Conference you have the opportunity to present your company to an internationally renowned network of high level politicians, industry-leaders, scientists and students. Please contact us for details and prices.
Interested? Then contact us:
9014 St. Gallen, Switzerland