San Jose, 25 July 2016 Almost 130 scientific abstracts from 14 countries were submitted this year to the World Resources Forum Latin America and the Caribbean, organised in San Jose, Costa Rica, May 17-20. The Secretariat reports that 33 of these were finally accepted by the Scientific Committee for oral presentation during one of the 5 scientific sessions. These gave place to highly interesting and inspiring speeches and very stimulating discussions with the participants. Five of them have been particularly appreciated and were prized by the Scientific Session Chairs – Dr. Sonia Valdivia (WRF, Switzerland) and Prof. José Luis López (ALCALA, Costa Rica) – with the support of the audience.
The five WRF LAC 2016 Scientific Abstracts Awards are the following:
- Creación de valor a partir de la variable ambiental, presented by Lorena del Pilar Munoz (Universidad Adolfo Ibañez, Chile) in the “Sustainable business and financing” session
- Estrategias aplicadas en el cierre de 30 vertederos en Perú, presented by Alberto Huiman Cruz (Peru Waste Innovation S.A.C., Peru) in the “Bio economy – Priority Resources for cities” session
- Smart lifestyle choices for urban living: More dematerialization, no more waste, presented by Dr. Sanjeevan Bajaj (Federation of Indidan Chambers of Commerce and Industry, India) in the “Sustainable lifestyles and education” session
- Efectos de la innovación en los productores orgánicos de la región Arequipa, 2015, presented by Prof. Anatolia Hortencia Hinojosa Pérez (Universidad Católica San Pablo, Peru) in the “Resource efficiency policies for sustainable cities and lifestyles” session
- Condominio La Esperanza: Sostenibilidad por medio de un diseño innovador, presented by Minor Rodríguez (Fundación Promotora de Vivienda, Costa Rica) in the “Sustainable and inclusive cities and buildings” session
The Scientific Committee in charge of the review of abstracts submission, headed by Dr. Valdivia and Prof. López, consisted of several experts from all around the world. The WRF Secretariat has thanked them all for their great work. Inform yourself about the conference and the WRF activities in Latin America and the Caribbean region here and by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org